"Pleasantly surprised"

About: Russells Hall Hospital

I was recently admitted to the Day Surgery Unit for breast surgery and although was apprehensive due to recent negative press on the hospital generally, I could not have been better cared for from start to finish. All staff were very welcoming and thoroughly explained each stage of the process. Waiting time expectations were handled well and updates given. My details inlcuding health checks were regularly taken once I was on the ward and continued after the procedure before I was allowed home. I can only sing the praises of this department as nothing was too much trouble and would like to say a big thank you for their dedication and care.

Response from Jackie Dietrich, Communications Manager, Communications and Patient Experience, The Dudley Group NHS Foundation Trust

Thank so much for your positive feedback of the care you received on our day surgery unit. It is understandable that recent negative press has given a less than fair portrayal of our hospital and of the wonderful staff we have working here. Good communication with our patients really does enhance the overall experience during what is often a very anxious time. The team in the unit will be thrilled to see your comments which we will be very happy to pass on.

Response from Russells Hall Hospital