"Back problems"

About: King's Mill Hospital / Trauma and orthopaedics

I was sent to the back pain clinic. I was told I would be told I was going to get the results of my scan. I explained that should be interesting as I havent had it yet. Staff exit after I asked have you even read my file.

Examined by senior and put on the back pain course. Week 1 exercise and a film while staff got 40 winks. week 2/3 cancelled as staff all on leave. Week 4 I asked why I had not met the consultant told by senior staff not needed as they deal with these issues.

I complained and an appointment was forthcoming. The consultant then refused to give me a diagnosis said it would be unhelpful and if I wanted a full consultation I should pay as they had not got the time as they were running half an hour late already. I was told I could go on the pain management course and thats it.

I am going to pay and if I find out anything they will be hearing from my legal team and see if they have time for that as I have not been examined.

Response from King's Mill Hospital

Thank you for your feedback which had been circulated to the Back Pain Unit service manager. We are very sorry but we are not able to provide a detailed response to your comments without investigating. If you would like to discuss your experience further please contact our Customer Services Department on 01623 672222 (opening hours: Monday to Friday 8.30am - 5.00pm) who will be happy to assist.