"Long wait for test results"

About: Scarborough General Hospital

I recently had a nuclear perfusion scan at this hospital and had to attend on two separate days to cover both tests in the radiography dept which is normal procedure. I have no complaints whatsoever about the treatment I received or any of the staff but on leaving I was told that the results of the scan would take 8 weeks !!! Looking on line at other hospitals I notice that some hospitals take a week to report on these scans. Can someone explain to me why it takes so long at Scarborough ? This means I won't know what is happening until October!

Response from Scarborough General Hospital

Thank you very much for your posting. Your comments have been passed to the teams concerned. We are pleased that your visit to us was in the main very positive; our aim is to provide a high standard of service which reflects the needs of patients. We would like the opportunity to respond to your comment regarding results. Please contact our Patient Advice & Liaison Service (PALS) on 01723 712434 or email pals.scarborough@york.nhs.uk and they will be pleased to help.