"CMHT & Crisis Team"

About: Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust / Adult mental health (inpatient)

I have contacted the crisis team many times, I was under them for several months. I now realise that I'm not helped by calling them - I'm frequently left feeling patronised, that the people I've spoken with have been condescending, often more distressed than before. What's more upsetting is their threat of & frequent use of the police to do their work. Having the police turn up on my doorstep for a Safe and Well visit is scary, they've always been lovely but it's the fact it's the police, the uniform; the nearest police vehicle was a van with 5-6 of them on one occasion which just frightened me.

I'm currently under the CMHT. My care co-ordinator is my psychiatrist whom I see every 6-8 weeks. I've asked why he's my care co-ordinator and been told its because there aren't enough CPNs, support workers etc.

In hospital for psychiatric reasons several times in the last few months. On my last inpatient stay the psychiatrist on the ward suggested I needed more frequent contact with the cmht, a support worker I could meet weekly. Also on discharge from the ward I was told I'd have crisis team involvement for the next 7 days. Neither of these things happened. I feel insignificant and let down.

I also do not have a Care Plan, never had a CPA.

Is it not within everyone's interests to help me manage so hospital admission is less frequent and crisis maybe averted rather than reacted to?

I was very sorry to read your posting about the Crisis Team and the CMHT and how you feel let down and insignificant. I will make sure that you get another reply in more detail from the services you mentioned.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback as it is really important to us to hear from you first hand about your experience.

I want to re-assure you that we take all feedback very seriously and as you have highlighted several issues that concern you it will be even more important that we listen to you to try and improve the services you have received.

You should have received a Care plan and it would be worth talking to your psychiatrist about this in the meantime if this is something you feel able to do.

Please accept my apologies and look out for another reply soon

Best Wishes

Response from Jo Horsley, Adult Mental Health Service Manager - Acute services, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust

I'm keen to ensure that we can address the issues you have raised. As your posting covers several teams I think it would be best if you contacted my secretary Janet on 01159691300 ext 11412 and she will arrange for me to telephone you or we can meet, whichever you prefer.

I’m so sorry you feel disappointed in the care you have received but hope that I will be able to put necessary improvements in place so that you feel more secure and can be appropriately supported to improve your health and avoid unnecessary admissions to hospital.

I look forward to hearing from you

Kind Regards