"Poor Staff Organisation "

About: Luton & Dunstable Hospital / Gynaecology

(as a friend),

Sitting in a waiting room to be consulted on a very private matter. I have witnessed some staff that can only be described as lethargic and uninterested 'mill about' rather than perform any sort of constructive medical / patient friendly care and seem more concerned with tea making, water bottle filling and coronation street then anything else.

A woman before us has had her examination interrupted by a member of staff, possibly a doctor, who opened the door to ask whoever it was giving the examination where it was she needed to be.

I have found this whole experience rather baffling as I cannot fathom how anything around here gets done.

Response from Luton & Dunstable Hospital

We are very concerned to hear that your experience has been an unpleasant one. Please be assured that we will investigate this matter as much as we can from the information given. We would encourage you to contact our Patient Affairs Office directly on 01582 497 002, or email complaints.officer@ldh.nhs.uk if you would like us to address any of your concerns further.