"The skills of the surgeon changes my life!"

About: Royal Lancaster Infirmary

After many years of gynaecological problems resulting in severe cumulative anaemia requiring transfusions and medication. I first became a patient of my Consultant three years ago when he performed an ablation and was impressed with his skills then and although I had to return in order to receive a full hysterectomy I had no qualms about my Consultant performing the operation. He was kind, patient and thorough and he has radically changed my life for the better - he has given me my life back! The Anaethetist was exceptional too. The staff on the Gynae ward were fabulous - attentive, caring and friendly. I am appalled at the current media circus that RLI seems to find itself in I can only speak from my experience but it didn't fail me - it saved my and I thank God for the skills of all every day.

Response from Royal Lancaster Infirmary

Many thanks for taking the time and trouble to post your kind comment. We will ensure we pass on your comments to the staff concerned. If you want to find out more information about the work of the hospitals you may wish to become a member of the Foundation trust (free of charge). If so please visit http://www.uhmb.nhs.uk/trust/how-to-become-a-member/