"Ruptured vein in my foot"

About: Bradford Royal Infirmary / Accident and emergency Yorkshire Ambulance Service NHS Trust

You hear so many negative things about the NHS and I just have to say how quickly and efficiently I was treated this week. I ruptured a vein in my foot getting out of the shower. I called 999 and a paramedic was there within 5 minutes followed by an ambulance 5 minutes later. I went to Bradford Royal Infirmary A&E. I was there 1. 45am-5. 45am. It was an extremely busy night but they dealt with me really well and were very attentive and helpful.

Response from Anne-Marie Haigh, Quality Co-ordinator, Yorkshire Ambulance Service NHS Trust

Thank you for taking the time to give this feedback. We appreciate this compliment about the Yorkshire Ambulance Service.

If you would like us to pass on your comments to the ambulance staff who helped you, we would require further details about the incident (such as the date and the address of the incident). You can discuss this further by contacting our Patient Relations department email: patientrelations@yas.nhs.uk.

We hope you are recovering well.

With very best wishes

Response from Shelley Bailey, Assistant Chief Nurse, Bradford Royal Infirmary

Thank you for your positive comments. At Bradford we try extremely hard to provide a safe efficient service to our patients, we are delighted that this is the service you received. We wish you a speedy recovery.

Response from Bradford Royal Infirmary

The comments you have made regarding A and E have been forwarded to the staff working in the area. As you mention emergency departments can be extremely busy, staff always strive to provide excellent care even under pressure. We are really pleased that you had a positive experience, thank you for your feedback.