"Don't find the diabetes diary helpful"

About: Locala Community Partnerships CIC / Community diabetes service

In my opinion, the diabetes diary that Locala have printed is ridiculous. If you stuck to it, you wouldn't have a life. It seems to ask you to measure your blood glucose in the middle of the night. I take sleeping pills and would be asleep. It mentions 'Medications basal. ' What does basal mean? It also mentions 22 red dash at 4pm. I don't understand it. I'm a very experienced diabetic and I take my medication extremely seriously. If I were redesigning the diary, I'd be crossing out a lot and making it a lot more straightforward.

Response from Louise Thornton, Customer Engagement Manager , Adults Planned and Health and Wellbeing Business Unit, Locala Community Partnerships

Many thanks Diabetes34 for taking the time to post on patient opinion. Here at Locala we do our best to ensure all our information for our patients is easy to read and follow. As a customer engagement manager I would really like to discuss this further so we can look at making alterations to the diaries given out to patients.

We really do value people like yourself with the experience and expertise to give us constructive feedback, please can I ask you contact me on 07814665526 to discuss further.

Louise Thornton