"Hard Working Super A&E Staff"

About: Darent Valley Hospital

I attended the A&E Department on Thursday 1st August after I amputated the top of my finger. The service I received from the staff in A&E was excellent especially as it was the hottest day of the year. Unfortunately Darent Valley Hospital does not offer plastic surgery so I needed to be referred onto a specialist hospital. The staff at DVH worked extremely hard to get me a referral to another hospital and after 7 hospitals refused to take me due to either being shut or about to shut - St George’s at Tooting agreed to operate. It's a shame there is / was not a hospital a little more local offering plastics as the journey was problematic, especially when you are in a lot of pain. But in the end I was just glad a hospital was willing to see me. I would like to take this opportunity to say a big thank you to the A&E staff at Darent Valley who looked after me in a professional and caring manner plus of course for managing to get me a referral to another hospital which I know turned out to be a real challenge.

Response from Darent Valley Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to write this glowing review and praising the efforts of our staff in trying to get you referred to a specialist hospital. It does appear that the 1st August was a particularly busy day for plastic surgery referrals and we are so glad that St George's agreed to take you. Your kind words have been passed onto the A&E department. Wishing you a speedy and hopefully not too painful recovery. The Communication Team Darent Valley Hospital

Response from Sue Daniels, E-Communications Manager, Dartford and Gravesham NHS Trust

Wishing you a speedy and hopefully not too painful recovery.