"Car damaged in Park House car park"

About: Specialist services / Podiatry

(as a staff member posting for a patient/service user),

I returned to my vehicle after my appointment, to find someone had scraped the front wheel arch. It was right under a camera, so I went to report it to reception. At reception I was told to report it to the police and obtain an incident number. When the police came to view the tapes, they were told they couldn't view the tape due to the data protection act.

Are the cameras there just for show or staff only?

Response from Lisa Metcalf, Specialist Podiatrist, Podiatry, County Health Partnerships We are preparing to make a change

Many thanks for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Park House. I am very sorry to hear that you did not get a resolution to this incident.

I have discussed your story with our PALS team and they would very much like to hear from you to see if they can help with this matter, or indeed prevent a similar problem occuring again. If you would like to, please feel free to ring PALS on 0800 0283693 to discuss it further.

Thank you for your post, I have asked the Health Centre manager for a detailed explanation.

Response from Nottinghamshire Healthcare

I have met with the Health Centre Manager and she has informed me that the police are allowed to view CCTV footage if they suspect a crime has been committed, but they do have to apply in writing to view it. The Health Centre manager has now briefed all her staff regarding the CCTV policy.

Thank you once again for bringing this matter to my attention.

Vanessa Briscoe

General Manager

Response from Vanessa Briscoe, Divisional General Manager - Specialist Services, Health Partnerships - Nottinghamshire Healthcare We have made a change

As per the response on the 19/09/2013