"Pleasure to visit"

About: Ottery St Mary Hospital

Well designed building and surroundings. Staff extremely pleasant and helpful.After struggling to find a disabled car parking space at the RD and E this was a pleasure to visit. The only difficulty is trying to make an appointment (audiology) I was asked to ring an Exeter number and when I did so was told by an automated voice that I could not speak to anyone - to leave name, address, phone and brief message..... I wonder when this will work out! Also I believe the Audiology Dept is run by a private firm! Another nail in the coffin of the NHS.

Dear Myra

Thank you for your comments, it was great to note that your visit to Ottery St Mary Hospital went so well, and that you found staff helpful, and access to the hospital easier than previous visits to RD&E.

With regards to your comments about making your follow up appointment, I do appreciate how frustrating it can be having to leave your details on an automated answering machine.

However the Audiology clinic held at Ottery St Mary hospital is managed by the RD&E Trust, and should you experience any difficulties in making the appointment please contact the RD&E PALS service on 01392 402093, whom I am sure will be happy to support you further.