"Gastroscopy at Peterborough"

About: Peterborough City Hospital / Upper gastrointestinal sugery

The staff in the Endoscopy/Gastroscopy Unit at Peterborough City Hospital are of the highest order. They are caring, compassionate and highly professional.

I went for a gastroscopy (my very first) and the procedure was explained to me in great detail beforehand, so I knew exactly what to expect. All my questions were answered clearly by Staff Nurse Bindi. The procedure went exactly as had been described. At all times a very caring nurse (Sue) was right by me explaining at all stages what was happening and helping to keep me calm.

The consultant was very clear about what the problem was - he told me right away. And I was given a written report within 5 minutes. Some samples were taken and the results were available within 30 minutes of the procedure.

I was given water and free warm drinks and a free sandwich afterwards as I recovered.

All in all it was a really outstanding experience. If anyone reads this who is having this procedure at PCH, you are in good hands!

Response from Lesley Crosby, Deputy Chief Nurse, Peterborough and Stamford Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you so much for taking the time to feedback to us your lovely comments. I will ensure all of the staff are made aware of your kind words.