"CT Department"

About: William Harvey Hospital

I was referred for a chest CT scan by my GP on 17th June. A previous chest X-ray had shown an abnormality and the report suggested that a scan would be helpful in determining its nature.. A fortnight later when I had received no appointment I telephoned the department and was told of their difficulties with their computer system. Shortly after I was phoned back with an appointment for Saturday 6th July in the evening. The GP surgery still has not received the report on the scan (Aug 2nd) Whilst I have the deepest sympathy for the staff who were all helpful and efficient I think it disgraceful that they should have been left computerless for so long. From a patient's point of view, I am a cancer patient, I have been left to worry about the nature of my "abnormality" for far too long.

Thank you for providing us with feedback about your experience and I am very sorry about the delay. We are aware of the difficulties that the change to a new radiology information system has had and there are many people working to rectify the situation to ensure we can catch up with the reports that have been delayed.

Please do email me your details and I will see if we can ensure that you and your GP receive the results needed. My email address is Julie.pearce1@nhs.net

Response from William Harvey Hospital

I am extremely sorry to hear of your experience at what can only be a most worrying time for you. If you can contact the Patient Experience Team on 01227 783145 or email us on ekht-tr.patientexperienceteam@nhs.net. When contacting us can you please provide your contact number to enable someone from the Patient Experience Team to call you back to discuss the best way forward and to ensure you now have the results from the scan.