"Over the last three years I have ..."

About: City Hospital campus

Over the last three years I have been seeing the Clinical Genetics Departments in regards to a hereditary illness that is in my family. This period was very stressful and distressing for me as I couldn’t make my mind up as to whether I wanted the genetic diagosis test for Huntingtons. There were in particular two memebers of staff (a doctor and a nurse/counsellor) that helped me a lot. They were very understanding, sensative, caring and patient towards me. They answered all my questions and gave me all the insight and information that I needed to help me make my mind up about the Huntington’s test. Once I decided to take the test they counselled me for a further 6 months to make sure that I had made the right decision. When I went for the results I was told that my result came back negative. The after care was also very good as a week later the nurse/counsellor rang me to see how I was and assured me that if I had any further question in the future I was more than welcome to ring them.

Response from City Hospital campus

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your kind comments. We are delighted to hear you were pleased with your treatment and the support you received from the team at in the Clinical Genetics Department. We will certainly pass on your lovely feedback to the team concerned.