"It is nice to see that the hospital ..."

About: Royal Stoke University Hospital

It is nice to see that the hospital is being updated and finally brought into the 21st Century.

The parking fee is a totally inappropriate, £2:00 for 4 hours, I only needed a parking ticket for 30 minutes, so I parked nearby and walked to my appointment. I think it is completely unfair to have a 4 hour parking time limited at such a cost. Why not have a 30 minutes and 1 hour parking fee, you could see get the same amount of money but people would feel that they are getting more value for money. I don't see why patients and visitors have to be penalised in such away, only to help the trust out of its financial woes, there are more effective ways of doing this which would help to aid patient care.

Response from Trust HQ

The parking charge of £2.00 is for up to 4 hours, although the Trust does provide free 20 minute pick up and drop off spaces near most main entrances. The £2.00 minimum charge is comparable with other hospitals in the area and covers a long period so that patients and visitors do not have to guess how long they may be and worry about returning to their car before the parking ticket expires.