"Staff on Rainbow Ward & Dental team"

About: Royal Albert Edward Infirmary / Oral surgery Royal Albert Edward Infirmary / Orthodontics

(as a parent/guardian),

I have just spent today with my daughter who has had bi lateral dental extractions under anaesthetic. I want to say a huge Thank you to all the staff on the ward especially Pat (Play Specialist) and Consultant S Clark for there exceptional skills and fantastic dedication to their jobs. The whole team are a credit to the NHS and provided excellent patient care.

The anaesthetic team where second to none and ensured that not only myself was put at ease but successfully managed to ensure that a very frightened 6 year old had a fantastic, positive patient journey. Having 18 years working in the NHS as a senior clinical nurse I am only too aware of the critisism and daily pressures staff face and therefore felt it essential to make people aware of such a fantastic team and service. Thank you again

Response from Susan Heighway, Patient Relations / PALS Manager , Patient Relations / PALS, Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for your posting; may I thank you for your positive comments. We are delighted to hear that you and your daughter experienced a good service at our Trust. Your kind remarks have been shared with the General Manager and Head of Nursing for Surgery, who will cascade this to the staff concerned. I have no doubt that staff will be greatly encouraged by your feedback.