"My wife and I had icsi treatment"

About: St Helier Hospital

My wife and I attended this hospital for ICSI treatment through the NHS. We had two treatments although the first was cancelled due to poor response from the medicine.After the second failed treatment, the Doctor basically told us that we would be ever be able to have children and that we should look into adoption; we were also told that we would not be allowed any other treamtent through the NHS. Subsequently, after seeing another clinic, we found that my wife had a fibroid, which without removal meant that she would never have got pregnant. No one at St helier picked up on this and after various phone calls and emails, no one has ever responded about this. SInce the removal of the fibroid, my wife has successfully become pregnant. The treatment that we received and the way the Doctor in particularly spoke with us was incredibly poor and left us feeling sad and now angry with this service.

Response from St Helier Hospital

Thank you for your feedback. We are very sorry that this was your experience of St Helier, and would like to be able to investigate more thoroughly. Please contact PALS on 020 8296 2508 who will be able to look into this further.