"What a complete waste of time!"

About: Queen Elizabeth I I Hospital (Welwyn Garden City)

My appointment was at 11.10 hrs today (Tuesday 16 July). I waited for over an hour before I was seen. Not even an apology from the consultant why my it took so long to see me. I spent less than 10 minutes with the consultant and all she recommended was either going onto a website to buy a mouth guard, have an operation which would cost me £1800 since it is no longer available on the NHS or have some nasal drops. The appointment was a complete waste of time. This could have been explained to me at the doctors. I thought going to see a consultant (by the way, I had to wait months for the appointment), she would have offered different solutions/help for my snoring. It felt like half a day was wasted with this appointment. Never again!!

Response from Queen Elizabeth I I Hospital

We're really sorry that your appointment with our ENT colleagues at the QEII didn't go well for you. It is disappointing that your appointment ran late and no one either explained or apologised for the delay. Please accept our apologies, however, and if you'd like to complain, just contact us on generalenquiries.enh-tr@nhs.net and we'll take your concerns up on your behalf.