"Breast Cancer Unit"

About: Medway Maritime Hospital

After diagnosis in October 2012 I cannot fault any part of the hospital that has cared for me. From the care of the consultant, oncologist, breast care nurses, Galton day unit and nurses on the ward after mastectomy. Everyone treated me with respect and dignity. Nothing was too much trouble for any of the Macmillan nurses who were on call 24/7. Even the security staff at the entrance were polite and cheerful which is very much appreciated especially after chemotherapy.

Response from Suzanne Brooker, Head of Patient Experience, Medway NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for your recent feedback, your views are important to us.

I was pleased to read that your experiences of our Consultant, Oncologist, breast care nurses, The staff on Galton Unit and the Macmillan nurses were all very positive and treated you with the utmost respect and dignity.

You go on to mention the security staff who were polite and cheerful which was very much appreciated following chemotherapy.

All of our staff can make a real difference to promoting a positive patient experience and this is an example of just that.

Response from Medway Maritime Hospital

We are proud of our staff and the support they provide patients during difficult times. Thank you so much for recognising this and for taking the time to provide your feedback. We hope you are doing well. With best wishes Medway Maritime Hospital Team