"Work is too much for too few people"

About: Wells Road Centre

(as a staff member posting for a patient/service user),

Written on behalf a patient by Advocacy:

I am on Trent ward at the Wells Road Centre and I wish to write about my concerns about the staffing levels on this ward. The staff on the ward do a very good job, but the work is too much for too few people.

Due to this being an admissions ward, sometimes individual patients are unwell and require more intensive support from staff. The problem is that this has a knock-on effect for the other patients, who cannot access staff as much as they need to, which can then lead to things becoming even more difficult on the ward.

I feel that more could be done to address this, so that pressure on staff and patients can be relieved. I would suggest seeing if staff could be moved from other wards to better accommodate the needs of patients on this ward, or getting more staff if there are not enough..

Thank you for your feedback about the staffing levels on Trent Ward. I will pass your posting onto the ward manager and ask them to respond more fully. I am pleased to read that you feel staff do a good job but your concern around the pressure and numbers of staff on the ward will be raised with the team.

Thank you for your suggestions to address this issue

Best Wishes