"Admin clerk who booked me into ..."

About: Heartlands Hospital

Admin clerk who booked me into A&E had a very bad attitude to the patients and, had I not have been in so much pain, I may well have taken the time to complain about her. After spoting a poster saying 'please let us know if you're in pain' my partner returned to the desk to inform the clerk of how much pain I was in. After my initial poor greeting the staff in Maitland & later the Tony Cross CDU (overnight stay unit) were fantastic. I should mention that I am actually a member of staff of Heartlands/Good Hope Hospitals but also a patient.

Reception staff need to realise that just because someone arrives giving 'back pain' as their symptoms it does not mean we are all malingerers with nothing better to do. Believe me, as a full time member of staff of the hospital the last thing I want to do is spend my spare time there. I was reluctant in the least to even attend but needs must sometimes.

Response from Heartlands Hospital

We apologise if you felt your condition was not taken seriously by the reception team. We treat all patients with respect, care and attention.