"TRAQS was explained using jargon."

About: Telford referral and quality service (TRAQS) The Princess Royal Hospital / Radiology

(as a service user),

- TRAQS experience was poor, long winded phone call, needed to explain what TRAQS was. Don't use jargon.

- Clinic was a distance from home, where Princess Royal Hospital is on the doorstep (my clinic was not available at PRH)

- Had to then come to PRH for a blood test and an x ray

- Music was on too loud in the clinic reception area and seats unsuitable for people with multi-skeletal conditions (which the clinic was for). Appointment was 30 minutes late.

- Consultation was excellent, took his time, and gave clear explanations

- Now awaiting appointment at Owestry Orthopeadic

- Next available appointment with my preferred GP is at the end of June!

- Continued investigation -complex condition.

Response from Cathie McKenzie, Patient Advisor, TRAQS, NHS Telford and Wrekin CCG

Thank you for completing the Patient Opinion form.

I am disappointed to note that you feel the service provided by TRAQS was of a poor standard. We at TRAQS have a call script which avoids the use of jargon and we always ensure the patient fully understands the procedure. All calls are recorded and therefore if you would like to contact me on 01952 580441 I will investigate the content of the actual conversation to determine whether there is a training need. As the clinic you were referred to is not available at PRH we are offer choice to the patient even though in this case the choice is very limited or non-existent.

With regard to your comments concerning the clinic environment and lateness of your appointment, unfortunately these are matters that I am unable to respond to.

Response from The Princess Royal Hospital

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am responding on behalf of the Princess Royal Hospital (rather than your GP, TRAQS or the Orthopeadic Hospital - gosh, no wonder people find the NHS confusing) and I am pleased to hear that you were happy with your consultation. I have already asked the department to consider the volume of the music and the seating. I hope that everything has been going according to plan with the rest of your care and treatment.