"waiting times"

About: University Hospitals Of Leicester NHS Trust

Wife waiting for chemotherapy appointment. Kept waiting for in excess of 2.5 hours on each occasion. Wholly unacceptable and seemingly no customer focus or communication

Response from University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust We are preparing to make a change

Firstly, I would like to apologise for the delays in your wife's treatment, which are unacceptable.

We recognise that we have some issues about patients waiting for Chemotherapy in the Unit and we are currently working on a project to review our processes which does have a major focus on the amount of time that patients are waiting for their treatment.

We hope to resolve these issues as soon as possible but in the meantime if you wish to discuss this further, please feel free to contact me on 0116 259 3122.

Michael Natrass,

Cancer, Oncology & Haematology Clinical Business Unit Manager

Update posted by PJ06 (a relative)

Another chemo appointment. Another 2.5+ wait. No communication from staff to explain why. If the NHS had to account for every man-hour that was wasted because of their inefficiency, the cost of lost productivity to this country would be staggering.

Response from University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust

Dear PJ06,

I am incredibly disappointed to hear that your wife is still experiencing longs waits, this is unacceptable and I would be grateful if you could contact me on 0116 2585081 to discuss in more detail so we can resolve this for you.

Kerry Johnston