"Diabetic clinic"

About: Southend Hospital

As a patient and less importantly as a doctor at southend hospital, i have only praise for the diabetic clinic at southend univesity hospital, one doctor's clinic in particular. He and his colleagues have only ever treated me with dignity and respect and the difference he has made to my diabetic care and quallity of life is outstanding and in my personal experience unmatched. He takes a practicle and realistic approach to my diabetes managment, involving me in every decision and in a manner whereby i would tell him information i probably would otherwise not divulge. Yes i often do have to wait but i am only happy to do so as i know when i am seen he never rushes and provides me with all the time i need, which as he has done this for patients before me is the reason he is running late. Im moving out of southend, due to work requirements and want my diabetes care to remain to stay at southend as the care i have had there is without fault. Thank you.

Response from Steve McEwen, Patient Experience Lead, Patient Liaison, Southend University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust

Response from Southend Hospital

Many thanks for your feedback. I am pleased to learn that your care has gone so well and I will pass this on to the Diabetes team. I wish you well with your future treatment.