"Hernia operation: 5 months wait for operation"

About: Telford referral and quality service (TRAQS) The Princess Royal Hospital / Upper gastrointestinal sugery

Initially visited GP (Charlton Medical) in January/February, was seen and sent home with no diagnoses.

Visited GP again 2 weeks later as pain was worse, vague diagnoses and call for an ultrasound to confirm hernia.

Awaiting appointment. Visited Princess Royal Hospital for scan. Waited again for referral back to GP, then I was referred for surgery via TRAQS.

Had to await pre-op appointment then surgery appointment! ! Finally! Just had surgery, a total time over about 5 months.

Response from Cathie McKenzie, Patient Advisor, TRAQS, NHS Telford and Wrekin CCG

Thank you for your comments.

TRAQS is unable to comment on the speed of your referral or subsequent treatment. I am sorry that it would appear that the time taken between your referral and treatment has been subject to any undue delay but this is not within our control. However, I note that you have now completed surgery and hope that you will feel the benefit in due course.

Many thanks again for your comments.

Update posted by Over572 (the patient)

This wasn't posted by me, in fact I had no knowledge of this site!

What I will add (as the post is slightly out of context) is that TRAQS were excellent at all times, prompt, helpful, friendly and efficient

My feedback was more aimed at the GP's time taken to diagnose and refer for surgery

Response from Sarah Ashurst, subscriber services manager, Patient Opinion

Hi there.

You comments came from the TRAQS feedback leaflet you filled in (it was yellow with ratings on one site and comments on the reverse). Patient Opinion works with the TRAQS team to publish these comments on our website so they can respond publicly to them.

It says on the leaflet that the comments will appear on Patient Opinion, but please accept my apologies if this was not clear and thank you so much for coming back with extra information about your TRAQS referral.

Wishing you all the best,

Sarah

Response from The Princess Royal Hospital

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback. It does sound as if the delays were frustrating and we need to do more to address this. I hope that everything is fine after your surgery and that you have had the outcomes you were hoping for.