"Nurse is very knowledgeable, caring and willing to listen"

About: Locala Community Partnerships CIC / Heart failure team

My community heart nurse was recommended to me by the staff of the cardiac department at Huddersfield Royal Infirmary and she has proved to be as excellent as they said they would be.

She is very knowledgeable, caring and willing to listen, then offer advice and help. She has monitored my heart condition - when necessary has changed my medication to ensure that any problems have been lessened.

My general health has improved. I understand that she is finishing full time work, returning to part time - I only hope I shall remain on the listed patients for her to continue to monitor my progress.

Many thanks.

Response from Nigel Grimshaw, Customer Engagement Manager, Intergrated Adults, Locala Community Partnerships

King380,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience with the Heart Failure team and the individual nurse in particular. I am very pleased to hear such positive comments regarding a colleague and pleased that you have not only received a good service, but that you feel it has a made a difference to your health, which is what we strive to do. I am sure you would receive the same service from any of the team, but hope you get your wish and remain on the particular nurses list. In the meantime I will pass on your kind comments to the team.