"Fabulous ambulance staff"

About: South Western Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust

(as a parent/guardian),

My 19 month old son was rushed from Chippenham hospital to RUH Bath in early July at approximately 1800 hours.

The ambulance care assistance and the paramedic were absolutely brilliant, the care assistant drove us, very fast and safely on blue lights to the RUH. Whilst the paramedic sat in the back with my son and I, he was very reassuring and brilliant with my little boy, who was very ill. Both men were fantastic with us both, and continued to help in reasurance at the hospital whilst waiting for the hand over.

Unfortunately, I didn't get either of the gents names, so I'm hoping that it won't be too difficult to trace them and to pass on my gratitude for a job excellently done! !

Response from Sara Coburn, Patient Engagement Manager, Governance, South Western Ambulance Service Foundation Trust

Hi starz1712

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your story - I hope your son is recovering well!

It is always so rewarding to hear that our staff are continuing to provide excellent care to patients, and their families, when they need it most.

I can ensure a specific thanks is passed to the crew who attended you, however I will need some particular information from you in order to do this. May I ask you to contact me on 01392 261 552 or email sara.coburn@swast.nhs.uk and I can make sure that your story is shared with the crew who attended you.

Thank you, again, for taking the time to provide us with feedback.

Sara

Dear starz1712

Thank you so much for taking the extra time to contact us.

The information you provided will mean that we can identify the crew members and ensure that your thanks will reach the individuals involved.

I am so glad to hear that your son is doing so well and is now fully recovered.

Thanks again for your comments.

Laura.