"involvement and respect"

About: Stepping Hill Hospital

My wife was admitted to stepping Hill in late June 2013, whilst on holiday. She had a suspected heart malfunction. She was treated with the greatest respect by all the Doctors and staff. They kept her and me informed at all times as to what was going on and went out of their way to treat us both with respect and dignity. I cannot thank the staff and Doctors enough for their help and encouragement. They made us feel very safe and secure at al times. .How I wish that my own NHS service was as good, although to all and intent purposes it is the same service. If ever my wife ( or I ) are taken ill again, I hope I am within your area and not in the Norfolk & Norwich catchment area. I must also comment on the staff in Ward A1, they were first class, they could not have been more helpful and understanding. God Bless em'.

Response from Cath Marsland, Head of Risk and Patient and Customer Services, Stockport NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you very much for posting such a lovely comment I shall share it with the teams involved. I wish you and wife well and hope she has recovered from her illness.

Response from Stepping Hill Hospital

Thank you for your comments.

I sincerely apologise that these were not responded to in a timely manner.

This was due to lack of administrative support at the time which has now been rectified.

I would like to reassure you however that your comments were forwarded to the appropriate teams who were pleased to hear that you had a good experience at our hospital.

Patient and Customer Services Manager