"Excellent care on B1"

About: Russells Hall Hospital

I was admitted for day case surgery on ward B1 all the staff were very friendly and polite. Due to the time of my operation I had an unexpected overnight stay however this was made very comfortable by all the staff on the ward. Could not praise them highly enough from all the nurses through to the domestics and volunteers very good work keep it up. I have however since had the misfortune to visit the t&o outpatients which saw me having an hour and a half wait before being to I needed an xray resulting in almost 2 hours before even seeing a doctor. I have now been given another appointment for Corbett Hospital which would normally be fine but due to being in plaster and not allowed to drive it makes it very difficult to get there. This area needs improvement as it tarnishes a very good standard that the hospital achieves.

Response from Russells Hall Hospital

Thank you Jo for taking the time to let us know about your experience on ward B1. It is fantastic to know that you were so impressed by the staff who cared for you, and that they were able to make you feel comfortable despite your unexpected stay. We are disappointed however to hear that your experience of our Trauma and Orthopaedics Outpatients was not as satisfactory. We are currently in the process of reviewing the way we run outpatients to help improve experience for patients in this department. As part of this are looking at ways to reduce waiting times. We can only apologise if on this occasion you waited longer than was comfortable. Some of our consultants run clinics at Corbett Outpatients Centre as well as Russells Hall Hospital and this helps to reduce waiting times for patients. If you feel you cannot comfortably attend your appointment at Corbett Outpatients Centre, please contact your consultant’s secretary as it may be possible to have your appointment rearranged.