"Gastroenterology Department and General..."

About: West Middlesex University Hospital

It heartens me that A&E seem to have their act together, because my experiences with this hospital have been appalling. They specialise in wasting time, losing paperwork and smug self satisfied doctors. There is no continuity of care in terms of outpatients, notably at the Gastroenterology Clinic, which is shambolic. My experiences two years earlier at the renal clinic were no better when all my notes went missing and some locum suggested I invented a kidney stone! Communications between the hospital and local GPs is non existent. Heaven forbid you need a CT scan. In the Brentford area their reputation is notorious. Riddled with inefficiency.

Response from West Middlesex University Hospital

We are very sorry to hear that your experiences in our hospital do not meet the high standards we always aim for. We welcome all feedback from patients and would appreciate the opportunity to investigate your concerns. Please get in touch via our patient advice and liaison service (PALS) by emailing pals.service@wmuh.nhs.uk or calling 020 8321 6261. We do use patient feedback as a learning tool for our staff and this year we have launched an initiative called Developing a Respectful and Positive Culture which aims to improve our staff experience and ultimately the patient experience.