"As I would have expected"

About: Frimley Park Hospital (Frimley)

I was admitted for planned surgery in May 2013. Ward was busy and chaotic looking. Although fairly recently refurbished, main corridors cluttered and possibly a fire hazard. This was reinforced when going down the main corridor of the theatre suite, through which my bed was expertly 'driven' around the chicane of abandoned equipment. Nursing continuity was not very visible from ward to anaesthetic room, anaesthetist appeared rushed and didn't exactly leave one feeling particularly at ease. Recovery nurse was excellent! Post-op, there was no discussion between myself and the nursing or medical staff regarding my discharge. It was assumed by the ward staff that I'd be discharged the day following surgery, which was different to what I'd be lead to believe by the surgical team = total lack of communication.

Response from Frimley Park Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some feedback on your recent experience at Frimley Park. You raise some issues around communication, continuity of care and organisation which we have passed back to the teams involved.