"Over-crowded and disorganised"

About: University Hospital Aintree

I would advise people to avoid this hospital if they possibly can. The ‘Elective Care Centre’ Clinics 7 and 8 were chock-a-block with about 60 or 70 people (I guess), sitting watching a flat screen TV which was showing a film about animals in a zoo. Some people didn’t seem to know how long they had to wait (it turned out to be nearly 2 hours in some cases) for their appointments, so they were hanging on (instead of relaxing and going for a walk or a meal) in the feint hope (I suppose) that they might be seen by a consultant sometime soon. The reception staff seemed to be as confused and frustrated as the rest of us and failed to give people adequate information or communicate in a helpful way. Whoever was responsible for the organisation of the clinics was (in my opinion) doing a remarkably poor job.

Response from University Hospital Aintree

We're very sorry to hear of your disappointment with the clinics. We certainly recognise the value of being able to advise on waiting times, particularly when the Elective Care Centre has a coffee shop and a woodland area next to it where people can stretch their legs. We'll pass your comments on to the team involved in the clinics - once again apologies for not meeting your expectations.