"Visit to Urology Unit 06.06.13"

About: Weston General Hospital

I was referred to see a Consultant Urologist by my GP because of some concerns over ongoing medication. I had to do a "Flowtest" into a vessel that was nearly full of urine because the nurse didn't empty it between patients. I then got to see the Consultant who was as usual arrogant, overbearing, dismissive and didn't take the time to read my notes. I have seen this consultant several times in the past and his behaviour towards patients is always the same. We are encouraged to see our GP if you see any trace of blood in your urine, if you get referred to see a Consultant then choose anywhere but not Weston Hospital.

Response from Weston General Hospital

We are sorry to learn that you have not had a positive experience at Weston General Hospital. We are always seeking to learn from patient experiences and would therefore urge you to share these directly with us. Should you wish to discuss your experience further we would be happy to address any specific concerns or queries you may have and discuss how we could improve the service here, our email is wnt-tr.PALS@nhs.net.