"My heart attack and the quick actions of others"

About: Frenchay Hospital / Cardiology South Western Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust / Emergency ambulance

Last Sunday morning, 23rd June, 2013, I began to suffer heavy pain across my chest while in the shower. It did not go away and my wife phoned for the ambulance.

3 paramedics arrived quickly and were very calm as they tested me. They kept me calm and said I was having a heart attack, then took me to the BHI via Frenchay. They gave me morphine and gas to relieve the considerable pain in my chest. I was operated on successfully about an hour after our emergency phone call. I am making a full recovery and would like to thank the 3 paramedics sincerely for their help and prompt actions which could well have saved my life.

Dear Spokey

I am so glad to hear that you are making a full recovery!

Thank you for sharing your story. It is very rewarding to hear that our staff are continuing to deliver excellent care to patients when they need it most.

I will share your story with our staff and managers and I'm sure they will really appreciate your comments.

Laura