"The doctor called us in and said we'd been forgotten about"

About: The Princess Royal Hospital / Trauma and orthopaedics

Hip and knee clinic.

Normal appointment should have been late June. I was offered a cancellation earlier than that, which I accepted.

My daughter had to take me in her car, we arrived at 9: 30am and booked in. Unfortunately, that's where we stayed until 11: 15am. My daughter went to the desk at 10: 50am to say how long we'd been waiting, lady went and checked and said we were next in.

The doctor called us in and said we'd been forgotten about, I know your very busy but it was a bit uncomfortable sitting waiting for son long, by the time we left the hospital it was 12: 15pm, I don't know what happened but it needs looking in to.

Response from The Princess Royal Hospital

Thank you for sharing this. It really highlights the importance of keeping people informed and being attentive to everyone who is waiting in clinic. I have started undertaking visits to outpatient clinics to check that that the receptionist or clerk knows the plan for everyone in the waiting area ... and more importantly that the people in the waiting area know what is happening! Your experience is a fantastic example for me to use as a reminder of why this is so important.