"Life Changing"

About: Exmouth Hospital

My son came to the X-ray department on Wed 3rd April 2013 following a suspected broken arm. He was x-rayed at noon and it was confirmed it was broken and then plastered. On returning home Exmouth Health Centre (Rolle Medical) rang up to explain that the radiography had noticed something unusual on the x-ray. What followed was 9 weeks of excellent joined up health care by the NHS ending in a diagnosis of a very rare genetic bone disease. We are very grateful to the radiography who noticed the unusual appearance of the bones and for alerting the necessary person.

Dear Sorrel

I was so pleased to read your story, and would like to thank you for taking the time to share it with Patient Opinion.

It is always vital to get any concerns checked out in the early stages, and I was really glad to learn that Radiology acted so quickly in identifying your sons rare condition, and that his onward care was seamless. I have shared your comments with the Radiology department, and I am sure they would join me in wishing both you and your son well for the future.

Jayne