"Breast Unit/Surgery"

About: Lincoln County Hospital

I first attended the Breast Unit in October 2001 and was diagnosed with Breast Cancer. After a course of chemo I had a lumpectomy followed by radiotherapy. I was amazed at the total efficiency of everyone involved. The aftercare on all 3 stays was fantastic. My surgeon is an amazing gentleman, so kind, calm, willing to listen and explain and a very clever man. He literally gave me my life back. Follow up clinics were done by a doctor again who was a very kind, calm and approachable man. The nursing staff both on the wards and in the Breast Unit are absolutely wonderful and worth their weight in gold. You are left with the feeling that you will come through, they give you hope. Now 12 years down the line I have been given my "marching orders" !! I will miss them all, but I know they are there for me if I need them. My comfort blanket!

Thank you so much for telling us your story - it is lovely to hear that your treatment has been successful; that you are recovered and of course that the staff over the years have taken such good care of you. I will pass this onto them as I know they will be really pleased to read it. Stay well and thank you again.