"Excellent Treatment"

About: Royal Berkshire Hospital

On 8th May I went to my doctor ref a mole on my back, I have previously had a malignant melanoma removed, and my doctor referred me to the RBH. I received a phone call from the RBH asking me if l could take a cancellation on the 17th May. I attended the dermatology dept and was seen by a specialist who said the mole should be removed and it could be done immediately. I took up this offer and had it removed by a team of 3 nurses. This was done with care and a great deal of humour, l had no pain during or after the procedure. The nurse arranged an appointment to return to the hospital and I went home. On approximately 6th June l received a phone call from the RBH and was told the mole had no abnormalities and there was nothing to worry about. What a great service, from seeing my GP to getting results 4weeks!

Response from Royal Berkshire Hospital

Thank you for your positive comments regarding your recent attendance to Dermatology in our Outpatients Department. As a team we strive to provide excellent individualised patient care and we are very grateful for your feedback.