"Fantastic 9/10!!!!"

About: Guy's Hospital

The staff at St Guys Hospital were fantastic!! I had surgery on Thursday and from arriving at 7am I was treated by a number of different doctors/nurses etc who were all great. The only let down was being left in the recovery room for 3 hours extremely anxious despite being promised that my mum would be sent straight down it appeared they were short staffed and I had been forgotten as those who arrived later got seen to earlier this included being given a drink. I also found that when the specialists were explaining things they spoke extremely fast as if they were in a hurry. I stayed on Esther ward and the nurses were fantastic and treated me with dignity and always introduced new staff when they were doing shift hand overs. I didn't have the hospital food as I am a fussy eater so the hospital cafe wasn't all that suitable either. It is incredibly noisy on the ward particularly at night and I was only offered ear plugs at 3am despite these being in the "welcome" pack I just want to say again the the nurses on the ward were fantastic if I could remember the names I would list them all!! Thank you!!!

Response from Guy's Hospital

On behalf of Guy's Main Theatres & Recovery I would like to apologise for any anxiety caused while in our care. We could like to personally respond to your query if you could contact (PALS) on 020 7188 8801 or email pals@gstt.nhs.uk this will help us to make contact with you and look into this matter further.