"Rough treatment left me very upset"

About: Cromer Hospital

I went for a breast scan today at 11.08, and I left the hospital breast screening dept. feeling *very* upset by this nurse she was rather rough and bossy with me because I had difficulty following her strict instructions as she wasnt at all friendly and made me nervous. After the scan she told me she would 'refer me to a clinic in future' that would be better to deal with bigger people like me (I am not that big - only size 18) that will give me more time. Also she hurt me real bad squashing my breasts too tight in the scanner and was not bothered how I was nearly in tears when I was released from it, I told her I was a bit dyslexic and cant tell right from left sometimes as well. I suppose I should have said something to her but I am on night shifts and find it difficult to make further appointments with someone else to fit in with my work schedule - I just wanted to get out of there and finish it.....its put me off having further scans even though I know its necessary.

Response from Cromer Hospital

I am very sorry to hear that you had such a difficult experience at your breast screening appointment. We will pass your comment to the team so that they aware of these issues. We hope that you will continue to come for breast screening as it is very important.