"ECMO treatment"

About: Glenfield Hospital

My mother was transferred to Glenfield on the 5th of March, 2013 for ECMO treatment. The staff in AICU were amazing. They made myself, my husband and my father feel completely confident in their care for my mother, every question we had was answered professionally and with compassion, we felt involved all the way. We commend the staff on their passion towards their work, and truly thank them for all they did. If a message can be sent to them to let them know that Mum is doing really well, home now for 5 weeks, and getting stronger everyday. We hope to visit very soon, so you can all meet the fantastic person that you helped save, that we can treasure for many more years to come. P.s she can still speak welsh, the English blood transfusion didn't work lol Carol (Myfanwy's daughter, North Wales)

Response from Glenfield Hospital

Dear Carol Thank you for taking your time to leave your positive comments of your mum’s and the extended families experience during her time on ECMO. We have passed your feedback on to the ECMO team and know they will appreciate your complimentary feedback. We wish your mum (Myfanwy) all the best in her recovery.