About: University Hospital Aintree

I attended a clinic within the fracture clinic, I have no problems with the doctor I saw, who is getting extensive treatment done for me. The problems I have are with the hospital itself. I am an ambulance patient and this hospital does not give ambulance patients a place to sit and wait for transport. I was left waiting in A+E for transport, which in itself was not bad, but when the place is over run with drunks is horrible. I had a man vomiting next to me, the place smelt dirty and like a morgue. So I waited outside for my transport. I was left waiting for around 4 hours I had a druggie come begging me for drugs on her hands and knees, there was no security around to stop things like this, and when I asked the girl on the desk to check on the ambulance for me I was told that if I didn't shut up I'd wait even longer. Absolutely disgusted with this hospital. It is just a shame I have to go back today for an MRI scan. I really hope that I don't get treated like that again.

Response from University Hospital Aintree

We're glad that you're pleased with your clinical care, but clearly the rest of your time at our hospital was well below any reasonable expectations. We do have a separate waiting room for ambulance patients. Regarding A&E and security, we have 24 hour security who can be called via any member of staff and we have police officers present in A&E at peak times. Certainly no one should ever speak to patients (or anyone else) in the way indicated. Perhaps you could contact our customer service team via customerservice@aintree.nhs.uk or call 0151 529 3287 so that we can look into this further for you. Apologies for your experience, and we hope that your next visit is much more satisfactory.