"Total hip joint replacement"

About: Derriford Hospital

I recently underwent a total hip joint replacement at Derriford. The care I received both post and pre-operative was second to none. I was kept well informed of the procedures involved in detail and left in no doubt as to the treatment procedures planned for me. The surgical team put me at ease and the nursing care I received could not have been better. The after care I received on my Ward was first class whether it was from nursing, physiotherapy or ancillary staff. In 2003 I had a quadruple heart by-pass and the service I received then was of the same quality. We often hear criticism of the NHS, my experience has been very positive and have not a single complaint as to the treatment I received on these occasions.

Response from Mary Anderson, Senior Quality Facilitator, Plymouth Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Paul

Thank you very much for your very positive feedback to Patient Opinion and it will be my pleasure to share these comments with the teams in the Orthopaedic and Cardiothoracic departments, including the teams who provide clinical support.

Whilst we must always seek to improve, it is also important as you say to recognise the good work that takes place. Thank you on behalf of the teams you have mentioned for feeding back.

Best wishes