"appaling record keeping"

About: Alexandra Hospital

My mother is currently on MAU due to what is seemingly a similar set of conditions that caused her to be admitted to The Alex on 17/02/2013. I have just spoken to the nurse on the ward (11.00 on 11th June) and suggested that results of various tests that were carried out at that time will probalbly give a good insight into what is going on now. The nurse told me that mum wasn't there in February - "if she was it would have to be on the system". I explained that I had visited her there - "no, are you sure it wasn't Cheltenham, or Warwick". I referred the nurse to a doctor at Riverside Surgery in Evesham in the hope that there are some notes somewhere that can be 'joined up'. This is obviously alarming, and I would like a full explanation as soon as possible, please. regards, Nick.

Response from Alexandra Hospital

We would like to apologise for a mix up that led to this poor communication. We have spoken to the staff involved in your mother's care and reminded them of the importance of clear communication to patients and relatives.