"Endoscopy for suspected colon/ bowel cancer"

About: Queen's Hospital, Burton Upon Trent

I was referred to Queens for sigioscopy, and all was done with marvellous consideration and care. 10/10 for everything. I was then referred for full endoscopy. Again, everyone was fantastic, and had my fourth blood test in as many weeks, it seemed. The camera did not manage to do all of the colon. Results went to my GP. No one calls, you have to call. To be honest, that is not very good. Then, asked to go back several weeks later. An appointment time, was kept by me. Watching the consultant and staff have a relaxing nice chat for a while, whilst I was kept waiting for 25 minutes. They still had a nice chat though, good for moral no doubt.Not impressed. Then, "how are you?", one or two questions, think it was 2. No questions on other things. Right, it is not what we thought, so more blood tests ( what are you going to learn? Already had four and you ticked the boxes that I have already been tested for! Oh, no explanation either) oh and then perhaps you can come in at a further date, so we can do something else, so we can have another guess. Little explained, not like first time. To be honest, I think that this is a waste of time, its just a fishing trip. Very very disappointed. Wasn't the same hospital i feel. I feel that now it is not cancer, there is no hurry, even though I am very sore and uncomfortable. So instead of saying how absolutely great it is, I will say, it can be, depending on the day and your illness.

Response from Queen's Hospital, Burton Upon Trent

Many thanks for taking the time to share your opinions with us. We are delighted to hear of your positive opinions but, of course, are disappointed to hear that there are aspects of your care that you did not feel was as good as it could have been. We would urge all patients who are not totally satisfied with the service they have received from us to contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS). This can be done by emailing pals@burtonft.nhs.uk or by phoning 01283 593110 (voicemail for out of hours calls) and will allow us to gain more specific feedback regarding your case.