"After taking an overdose of painkillers, i was..."

About: Queen's Medical Centre

After taking an overdose of painkillers, i was taken to the Queens medical centre, and from the start i was treated like i was the most evil person that has ever existed. I was woken up at 2 in the morning by a nurse who wanted to tell me how disgusted they were with me having to try and take my own life. I could not feel any lower. The only good thing that has come out of this is that i was referred to a psychiatrist who diagnosed me with bipolar and borderline personality disorder and now i can find ways of coping with my illnessess. This happened a while ago, but it is only now that i am able to open up and tell people about my experience. It was the worst period of my life. To this day it still plays on my mind I still feel ashamed by the treatment i experienced . I just hope that nurse never succumbs to a serious mental illness.

Response from Nottingham University Hospitals Trust

I was deeply concerned to read your post. If you would consider contacting me directly to discuss your experience, I would like you to do so by calling 0115 924 9924 ext 67662 so that we can learn where we get things wrong and make improvements for our future patients.

Jim Murray – Clinical Lead, Acute Medicine