"During a pre operative examination for knee..."

About: University Hospital Of North Durham

During a pre operative examination for knee surgery the nurse expressed concern with my heart after several tests and a consultation with a Heart specialist he admitted me to hospital immediately for monitoring due to a problem with a valve in my heart. The staff on the CCU ward were very Professional and informative and friendly. I was then to ward 6 and again the staff were friendly and professional during my stay, awaiting transfer to James Cook for heart surgery, which I am now recovering from. All thanks to all the staff involved.I also must mention that the food was also very nice, as this is often criticised.

Response from University Hospital Of North Durham

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent admission to CCU & Ward 6 at Universaity Hospital North Durham. I am very pleased to hear that you had a positive experience and that you are happy with the care you received. The Trust is grateful for all feedback, positive or negative, as it means we can better understand what is important to our patients, and your kind comments will be shared with the relevant staff. Thank you for leaving your comments on NHS Choices. Patient Experience Team County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust Tel: 0800 7835774