"Made me aware that my long term condition can be improved"

About: Community Health Services / Community physiotherapy

I have been suffering with a lot of pain in my right arm and hand since having my lymph nodes fully removed on this side due to breast cancer.

I was referred by my breast nurse to Fiona, physiotherapist at St Helens Hospital.

Fiona has been fantastic - I have been attending her clinic for approximately 4 months and she has taught me how to manage my condition. Before attending this clinic, I didn't realise that I was doing all the wrong exercises, holding and carrying things the wrong way etc.

Fiona has been so patient given me gentle but very beneficial exercises. She has made me aware that my long term condition can be improved if I help myself and continue to do the exercise plan regularly. Fiona and the reception desk team have been brilliant!

I have been discharged today thanks to Fiona's wonderful treatment. Thank you.

Response from Kelly Owen, PALS Officer, 5 Boroughs Partnership NHS Trust

Dear Ousted530,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time and trouble to extend your satisfaction and comment on the service received.

I will pass on your comments to the physiotherapy staff and Service Manager, as I am sure they will be pleased to receive your feedback.