"Maternity unit very clean and ..."

About: West Middlesex University Hospital

Maternity unit very clean and the midwives were great. The doctor had no bedside manner and one of the nurses was very abrupt with me when I asked for help in breastfeeding (she gave me formula which I was really disappointed with). Food was excellent but no one brings it to you so we ladies in the c section recovery ward almost missed out on a few meals.

Response from West Middlesex University Hospital

Thank you for this comment. West Middlesex University Hospital NHS Trust has been working very hard over the past year to raise and maintain the highest standards of hygiene and cleanliness and we are pleased that this has been recognised. Our maternity unit prides itself on its standards of care provided. In particular, as well as holding the prestigious government charter mark since 1997, it has been awarded UNICEF Stage 1 Baby Friendly accreditation. The Baby Friendly initiative accredits maternity and community facilities which adopt internationally-recognised standards of best practice. We are disappointed to learn of your experience and would be pleased to investigate the specific issues you have raised. We have an excellent PALS (patient advice and liaison service) who would be happy to hear from you. Email pals.service@wmuh.nhs.uk or call 020 8321 6261.