"My mother is under the care of ..."

About: West Middlesex University Hospital

My mother is under the care of the Heart failure service. The positive attitude and attention to detail of this team means that the service we have received has been brilliant. The information booklet is so useful in keepng a track of all the changes to my mother's medication, particularly since she has started to become more forgetful. We cannot thank the specialist nurses enough for making a positive difference to our lives.

Pharmacy queues

Response from West Middlesex University Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to give feedback on your experiences at our hospital. We are extremely pleased to hear your very positive comments about our heart failure service, and these have been passed onto the team.

We are always happy to hear of patient experiences at the pharmacy and apologise for any individual cases where waits may feel excessive. Waiting times at the pharmacy are closely monitored to ensure that they are kept to a minimum whilst balancing this against ensuring that medicines are supplied safely. The average waiting times have been improved upon over that last couple of years where waits are on average 15 minutes but there can be more complicated prescriptions which can take a little longer.